BLACK BEAN & PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
|Down to Earth - Gisborne||0800 787 999|
An easy gluten free, dairy free and vegan brownie recipe. Guilt free!
1/2 cup almond meal
2 Tbsp cacao
1 1/2 cups of black beans, drained and rinsed well
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor except peanut butter and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a lined 20cm x 20cm baking dish.
- Gently swirl the peanut butter on top of the uncooked brownie.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes before eating.
- These are best a little undercooked rather than overcooked - if they look too soft in the middle, place them in the fridge for an hour or two to firm up.
Posted: Thursday 5 July 2018