CHOCOLATE BUCKWHEAT BROWNIE BARS
1.5 cups pitted dates
3/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 cup buckwheat
1/4 cup cacao nibs (optional)
2 tsp vanilla bean extract
a pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, except for the coconut oil and cacao nibs. Process for 20 seconds or until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the coconut oil and continue to pulse until the mixture starts to come together.
- Press the mixture evenly into a loaf tin lined with baking paper, sprinkle the cacao nibs on top and press down lightly.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours to set.
- Once ready, slice into thick bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from:
All of these ingredients are available instore...
Posted: Friday 13 April 2018