Oat Milk Pancakes with Berries
2 tbsp unsalted butter
100g flour (stoneground wholemeal flour works great)
1 tbsp sugar
2 free range eggs
1 pinch of salt
350ml oat milk
4 tbsp marmalade
3 tbsp sugar
1 pinch cinnamon
100ml apple juice
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
2. Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl, then add the whole egg and 1 egg yolk. Pour in half the oat milk and whisk together.
3. Pour in the remaining oat milk and melted butter, whisking to a smooth batter. Season with salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining butter over a medium heat and ladle the batter into the pan.
5. Tilt the pan so there's a thin coating of batter covering the surface. Cook until golden and beginning to lift. Cook for another minute, then lift the pancake out onto a paper towel.
Divide between 4 plates and scatter with blackberries. Pour the hot sauce over and serve.
6.To make the sauce, melt the marmalade in a sauce pan and add the juice of one orange, sugar, cinnamon and apple juice. simmer for 3 minutes. The sauce will keep for weeks!
Posted: Saturday 2 February 2019