HEMP PROTEIN MUESLI BARS
|Down to Earth - Gisborne||0800 787 999|
2 cups quinoa puffs
1 cup quick oats
3/4 cup amaranth puffs
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds, walnuts or cashews
3 Tbsp hemp protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- Preheat oven to 150ºC.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes then drain. Blend in a food processor with 2 Tbsp water.
- Combine blended dates, maple syrup/honey and peanut/almond butter in a pot over low heat until combined. Leave 10 minutes to cool.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients until well combined.
- Press firmly into a lined baking tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, cool for 10 minutes then slice into bars.
Posted: Thursday 16 August 2018